Bicorne miniatures

For topics related to wargaming in the period 1600-1660
lee sherman
Captain
Captain

Bicorne miniatures

Post by lee sherman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:17 pm

Does anyone have any ECW Bicorne miniatures? If so do they come with the heads fixed or do you glue them on? Just wounding because I see they do seperate head ranges. Says heads are £3.50 for 5 abit steep so is it 5 sprues with 5 heads or is it just 5 heads? I want monteros as looks like broad brimmed was more of an officer type rest monteros and Monmouths

Also for basing I'm thinking of going as the packs are in 8s 2 front 4 deep maybe 3 pike bases for 2 musket thus making them look more like a battalion block from the engravings of the days rather than linear

Lee
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Bicorne miniatures

Post by Dfogleman2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:21 pm

It's been many years since I bought any Bicorne figures, but all of mine have heads attached.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:33 am

I have a lot of Bicorne Miniatures and all of mine were one piece as well...
lee sherman
Captain
Captain

Post by lee sherman » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:24 pm

I see the heads probably just need removing then buy Monteros heads to replace.
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:33 am

Redoubt ECW are the same size as Bicorne, or I should say the other way around, since Redoubt came first. Most of their figures have separate heads.
Ronan the Librarian
Captain
Captain

Post by Ronan the Librarian » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:01 pm

The newest Bicorne figures are not as big as the earliest ones (which were sculpted by the same person who did Renegade), but are still larger than Perry/Foundry. All Bicorne figures currently come with a head attached, and the spare heads are for use as replacements.

There are quite a lot of packs with monteros and monmouth caps already, including dragoons (mounted and dismounted), so you should be able to avoid too many conversions. I like the projected size of your units - you need pike in at least three ranks before you can call it a pike block (IMO).

RtL
Ssshhhhh!!!!!
lee sherman
Captain
Captain

Post by lee sherman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Ordered some see what they look like 2 by 4 deep :-)

Do you know the flags like Royal banner, the Scottish quarter the lion faces to the flag staff and the English 3 lions and Irish harp aswell so on the other side will the lions be facing away from the flag staff? or is it mirrored? I know this may seem like a silly question but I have seen flags especially ones with scrolls with text on and on the revers the text is back to front and just looks weird lol