Any Games Being Played?

A board for questions and discussion relating to Clarence Harrison's ECW focused rules which are growing in popularity. Please post here for questions and discussion relating to VWQ
CoachB
Private First Class
Private First Class

Any Games Being Played?

Post by CoachB » Tue May 02, 2017 2:27 pm

Greeting, the VWQ group seems to be a bit quite lately. Has anyone been gaming these rules? If so, any pictures or battle reports you want to share?

I have been busy painting. Now trying to decide how to do flags for the units. I am thinking of making slip on banners so I can change the units from game to game without having to paint tons more minis. Any suggesstions?

thanks
Coach
quindia
General
General

Re: Any Games Being Played?

Post by quindia » Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Coach, I always make my flags 'slip on'. Many units in the period can be used for many others with a quick flag swap.

I haven't played VWQ in, well, years. Don't get me wrong, I still like the rules but my focus has been solidly on the later BLB period for pike and shot, especially in the last year since have been working on BLB3. Sometimes I use the VWQ card system in place of the BLB percentage activation system, especially for solo games as it makes it much more challenging when running both sides...
CoachB
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CoachB » Mon May 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Greetings, it doesn't seem there is much traffic on this forum for VWQ or BLB. Is there another place that is more active?

thanks.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:59 pm

Clarence and I were just talking about VWQ tonight. I had yet another request for its 'official' publication last week. It remains a popular set of rules (free of course) but the most recent slightly odd request was that we should publish it as a book and of course charge a price..
'yes but you can have it now for free and use it' (BH)
'I know, but I'd still like to see it as a book and buy it' (Wargamer A)

Well, I know, you couldn't make it up... :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Mulciber
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Mulciber » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Playing a game of VWQ this Thursday!
lederhosen

Post by lederhosen » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Salute

I've been playing a few battles with Montrose and the boys just to test the rules. I realy like the combat/moral as they are quite quick and easy. I just can't fall in love with the carded movement though. I've tried DBA/DBR, B.P. etc and find the DBA command system still quite good for these rules.