The raising of the Saxon Army 1699-1712

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: The raising of the Saxon Army 1699-1712

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:57 pm

RogerC wrote:Try Flickr, I had same problem and had to move all mine.

Love those flags by the way, shame I already have the earlier ones.
Thanks for the tip, Roger. Flickr it is.

Its a bit more complicated then photobucket now but I started to replace some pictures allready. At least the most recent ones.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:48 pm

There is something weird going on with Photobucket, when I tried to get in just now to remove pics a number of ads came up and when I tried to delete them it jumped to another site telling me I had a virus on my system and to follow their instructions. I think PB can keep the pics and I'll stay well away from them in the future. Be warned!

Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:45 pm

obriendavid wrote:There is something weird going on with Photobucket, when I tried to get in just now to remove pics a number of ads came up and when I tried to delete them it jumped to another site telling me I had a virus on my system and to follow their instructions. I think PB can keep the pics and I'll stay well away from them in the future. Be warned!

Dave
Similiar happened to me when I tried to remove/download the folders with my pictures. When you say you want to download even if logged into your own account a weird security system comes up where you have to solve picture riddles :roll: . When passed you have a 50:50 chance that the download is working. It is as if they want to prevent you from retrieving your own pictures. :evil: But I am done with them and after checking the too large folders if I have those pictures on my pc I deleted my account with together with 250 unretrieveable pictures.

All pictures now showing up in my posts are uoloaded on Flickr.

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:57 pm

After all this troubles I am now back to refurbish my GNW Saxons, adjust flags, label the Bases with printed Regimental names and do the finisheing touches on Regiment TROMP and Regiment HEYNE.
WUSTROMIRSKI will take a bit more effort as I have to check the miniatures for certain details:

Wustromirski
Facing colour : Dark Gray - Officers Black
Buttons : Pewter
Notes : Dark Gray (Officers -black) vest, Black neck cloth, Officers – red breeches

And while doing this I try to figure out how to "greying" the dark green flags of Clarence :?

RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

Post by RogerC » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Let me know when you fiure it out, I have the same issue as its one of the four regiments I am doing.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:50 pm

RogerC wrote:Let me know when you fiure it out, I have the same issue as its one of the four regiments I am doing.
Well, if I do I let you know, but if you are not too fixated on the 1700 to 1706 timeline (and doing those Saxons with Tricorns) you may change Wustromirsky to O'Gilvy and give it a bleu mourant colour :wink:
From "Notes on the Saxon Army" Dan Shorr
Ogilvy 1707 (coming from Russian Service, Saxon Field Marshall)
Facing Colours : Bleumourant (Dying blue)
Buttons : Brass
Notes : Bleumourant vest, White neckcloth

(I know that helps a lot as there is no such flag either :wink: :D )

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:02 am

RogerC wrote:Let me know when you fiure it out, I have the same issue as its one of the four regiments I am doing.
Roger,

I used Vallejo "Game Ink" Black and thinned it with water until it was almost transparent to cover the green areas by using a size 3 brush. When applying the ink I brushed over areas of the red embroidery of the flag so I took a very fine brush and some red to refresh the thin red lines.

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Latest addition to the not-at-all finished GNW Saxon Army:

Regiment Tromp, first mentioned 1701, renamed to Droste in 1703

Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:37 pm

An inspiration still, Old Chap. lovely figures.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:31 pm

Cracking work, Günter! :shock: :D
Bryce
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gunfreak » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:57 pm

Oh very nice!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:47 am

Thank You my friends for your kind comments. Much appreciated :D

Took me a while but now I believe to be able to finish the remaining units in the near future.

Next in Line will be the Regiment Heyne which was designated as a Grenadier Regiment by some sources but neither could say if they ever have worn Grenadier-Caps. Therefore they will look like all the other Line Units that I raised so far.

RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

Post by RogerC » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:54 am

These look great Gunter. I have two units to finish before I go back to Wostromirski so will have a play with your method, last battalion of guard nearly complete and wostromirski base coated.
RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

Post by RogerC » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:55 am

Sorry that should be Pistorius base coated.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Finally!

All Pictures have been now replaced and inserted in their previous place.
For all Readers and Followers to enjoy.

Cheers,
Günter