Password changes on a 3month basis?

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Password changes on a 3month basis?

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:17 pm

Is it me or has anyone elso to change his password the 2nd time this Year?

Is that it what should make the Site more Secure? :?:

I change it, of course, each time but the process to change it is terrible.
To change the password three times until the Website accepted the input isnt quite funny. And as soon as it accepted the password the site throughs you back to the beginning :evil: :evil: instead into the Fighting talk forum itself.

Is it possible to ask Stuart to prevent that from happening :?:

Cheers,
Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Password changes on a 3month basis?

Post by obriendavid » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:12 pm

I've had a similar problem Gunter and just assumed it was to do with the site being hacked?
StuartM

Post by StuartM » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Hey

The site resets your password automatically every 180 days. This was implemented as an additional security feature to protect everyone.

I agree the process for resetting the password is rubbish, as you said it isn't clear that you have reset your password.

What appears to be happening is when you reset your password it redirects you to the reset password screen but if you look on the top left corner of the forum it has now logged you in, this indicates that this change has been successful.

Unfortunately, it is a free forum tool :cry:

Hope that helps a little, I have asked Barry if he wants to now remove the 180 days reset function.

Cheers

Stuart
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi Stuart,
Thank You for the clarifications.
I believe most if not all of us can live with it for the reason of security.
It will cost some nerves in the future and we may keep lists of all those passwords allready used :-)

Thank you for your work!

Cheers,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.