With Talon and Claw

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

With Talon and Claw

Post by obriendavid » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:32 pm

I received my lovely shiny copy of the rules today and I am completely blown away!
Although I have had the pleasure of seeing them laid out on a computer screen many times it doesn’t - comparison to having them in your hand and that lovely freshly printed smell.
Apart from covering the GNW they also look at a number of other even more obscure but fascinating wars. The best yet Barry! Now can we finish the Crimean book we started about 7-8 years ago?
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Re: With Talon and Claw

Post by Adam Hayes » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:46 am

It is very good. Worth waiting for!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:06 pm

As Dave started here to post about the new Rule book "With Talon and Claws" I like to add that I still have no sign of my copy. :roll:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:34 pm

What happened to the efficiency of the Austrian post?
Barry’s on holiday at the moment otherwise he could have answered your query.
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:08 am

Barry actual answered me as he seems to have read my entry here or the BLOG.

The Postal Service has degenerated over the last 20 Years, seriously.
The directors increased their salary by a factor of 2 or 3 while, and, at the same time, reducing the numbers of the Postmen on the street by half. So, many of them quit! After working times each day starts at 4AM and Ends around 5 or 6 PM. With the ever reducing numbers the remaining Personal get more and more "Customers" to receive the Post. When in the Year 2000 each Postman had about 4-6000 Receivers they have now 20-30.000 who wants to get their Post in time. A unbearable Situation. And very unhealthy too.

And to Top all they received GPS controlled devices so any higher rank can control where they are and how long they make breaks for eating... Big Brother is watching You. :roll:

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:19 am

Friedrich August I. wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:08 am
The Postal Service has degenerated over the last 20 Years, seriously.
The directors increased their salary by a factor of 2 or 3 while, and, at the same time, reducing the numbers of the Postmen on the street by half. So, many of them quit! After working times each day starts at 4AM and Ends around 5 or 6 PM. With the ever reducing numbers the remaining Personal get more and more "Customers" to receive the Post. When in the Year 2000 each Postman had about 4-6000 Receivers they have now 20-30.000 who wants to get their Post in time. A unbearable Situation. And very unhealthy too.

And to Top all they received GPS controlled devices so any higher rank can control where they are and how long they make breaks for eating... Big Brother is watching You. :roll:
It sounds the same all over. I have friends who still work for the PO and a few who have left and they all say the same.
Rohan Wilmott
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by Rohan Wilmott » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:03 pm

G'Day, Barry.

I received my copy in semi-rural Eumundi yesterday, so the Antipodean connection can again be confirmed. Wow, what a great production..so much good material. I do hope more detail, pictures, uniforms, etc could be produced on this forum or as .pdf article, etc on the more esoteric conflicts mentioned , eg the Morean War. You may even tempt me to face east! BUT, please don't lose sight of the WSS players among us. ;-) Will Clarence produce some Ottoman & Imperial flag sheets? I am sure Warfare miniatures will produce more Eastern types. :-) Some further uniform details on the "later" Polish forces would also be useful, including an indication of which Warfare miniatures to use for what types, too. Again, congratulations on an outstanding publication.

Cheers, Rohan.

ps I tried posting on all 3 browsers I run on my Mac as an anonymous post, but Google blocked them all...I won't sign up to Google blogger for professional security/confidentiality reasons, so glad to post here. I will naturally continue to read the blog, but may have to respond here.
Rohan Wilmott

Post by Rohan Wilmott » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:16 pm

And then, I went back to Firefox & it let me in!! Sorry for the repetition...still can't really be too much praise, can there?? :D Rohan
Attachments
image.png
image.png (345 Bytes) Viewed 19763 times
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Another copy is on the way to Wien, just hope the Turks are not on their way back too!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:41 pm

barr7430 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:11 pm
Another copy is on the way to Wien, just hope the Turks are not on their way back too!
Thanks Barry,

And...

The Turks are already here...and stronger than the last time when the stood BEFORE Vienna :wink: :D

Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Adam Hayes » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:30 am

Friedrich August I. wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:41 pm
barr7430 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:11 pm
Thanks Barry,

And...

The Turks are already here...and stronger than the last time when the stood BEFORE Vienna :wink: :D
Now with restaurants and barbers rather than Janissaries and Sipahis!
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:37 am

Received my copy from Warfare USA last week after some missed attempts by UPS. The book’s content, pictures and art is awesome.
Captain of Dragoons