Tiny Languedoc infantry.

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Tiny Languedoc infantry.

Post by Gunfreak » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:03 pm

10mm Van Dyck with Maverick models flags.

Glorfindel
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Tiny Languedoc infantry.

Post by Glorfindel » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:12 pm

These are superb and the basing is very well done. More please !

Having painted both 28mm and 10mm figures, I must admit that I now prefer the smaller scale.

Saying that, the detail on those Van Dyck figures is quite terrifying and, if anything, puts me off a little bit !
Just wondered how difficult you found to paint them ?

Phil
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Tiny Languedoc infantry.

Post by Gunfreak » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:21 pm

I found them very easy to paint.
They are very realistically proportioned, so they are easy to paint. Only annoying part is that there a some detail I can't quite paint.
Like one of the figure have some very tiny folds in one of the arms and I just can't highlight all the stuff.
Also trying to paint all the buttons is impossible.

But the faces are very nice and with an electron microscope you can paint them as nicely as any 28mm.