An Essex hello

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Marc the plastics fan

An Essex hello

Post by Marc the plastics fan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Bought the R2E rules at Salute on Saturday and reading through now, but curious if there are any local(ish) gamers using these who have space at a game that I could join in with please.

As colour, I live in Billericay, play at the Hornchurch Wargames Club, big Naps fan, but currently building up Imagi-Nations armies for some OSW fun. Started thinking about plastic 28mm and R2E seems a good way to start a new scale/material etc
Marc
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Adam Hayes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Hi Marc,

I'm a Brentwood resident (work in Billericay) I am just starting to paint a few Napoleonics too (I am getting the feeling this is not a short term project!) Didn't even know there was a club in Hornchurch...

Adam
Marc the plastics fan

Post by Marc the plastics fan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:33 am

Adam - welcome aboard. Yep, painting Napoleonics can be a bit like that. What scale are you starting up in? I have 15's, 1/72 and am looking at starting the 28mms that are insulating my loft at the moment. The R2E rules have sparked my interest in the 28s

If you are interested in coming down to the Hornchurch Club, which confusingly meets in Harold Hill, let me know and maybe I could try and arrange a suitable game.
Marc
Richard73

Post by Richard73 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi there,

I too have just purchased a copy of RtE and have begun to paint up some British Infantry. I have to say they are coming along nicely. I thought they were going to be a real eye bleeder but I have found them easier to paint than my HYW models.