Invite to WSS game at Grimsby

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Invite to WSS game at Grimsby

Post by nevermore » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:15 pm

So once the Six Nations have finished what are you going to do on a Saturday instead of watching rugby?

The answer - come down to Grimsby and join our "mega lead" War of the Spanish Succession game.

It's being played over three table with a total surface area of nearly 200sq feet with a table length of 35 feet.

There will be over sixty battalions of infantry and two hundred squadrons of horse for somewhere in the region of 3,000 28mm figures being used, representing a wide variety of nations.

Rules are our own simple and easy to follow house rules (advance copies available if requested).
Churchill
General
General

Re: Invite to WSS game at Grimsby

Post by Churchill » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:38 pm

23rd March Ray

The club is situated off Ladysmith road in Sixhills street Grimsby and was the old stable block to the corner of house of Sixhills/Ladysmith rd.There is on the street car parking in the area and the club is about 15 minutes from the railway and bus stations.

GRIMSBY NE LINCS DN32 9EG

Don't cost a penny, No charge its just about a good day out, 5 Mancs and 2 guys from Yorkshire will also be attending, one big table and plenty of figures, will ask the guys who are running the game if any more figures are needed.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 am

Around 10am and finish when its finished.We tend to eat around midday for a chat, but i would think between 3-4pm we should have a outcome.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 am

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 am

Billiant, will pass you my mobile number after Monday night, will ask the guys who are running the game on Monday if they need more figures on the table, the numbers should be 4 aside and two running the game and i will get the rules to you, look forward to meeting up with you Ray, you will find how easy it is to blend in everybody is friendly
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 pm

That will be me Ray, will do the photos and battle report, even buy you fish and chips on the day, look forward to meeting up.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:02 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 am

Glad you enjoyed the day out Ray, next time we can tent up and have a few beers and wargame, good day at the club, the weather was crap ! but it seems everybody thought sod it ! i am getting off my backside and wargaming, great attitude from all.Thanx for the visit ... wargamers rule.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Churchill wrote:Malc,

When will we see some photo's of the game :?:
Let me know when another all day game is arranged :wink:

Cheers,

Ray.

Will get them up as soon as i can, need to get them on my pc then edit them, no problem you can arrange a game any weekend we can work round you but i think the next big one with other gamers will be when its much warmer and we will be tenting it up in Daves small yard lol.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:45 pm

I would like to echo Ray's thanks to the guys at the Grimsby club for a very hospitable welcome (back) on Saturday. Malc and Dave made me very welcome when I just turned up out of the blue to look at the mightily impressive WSS game they had organised. Having not stepped foot in the Grimsby club for over 25 years, I was treated like I'd never been away....and although there were a lot of people I didn't recognise there were a few 'old faces' which were really nice to see again.

Unfortunately I was only able to stay for about 45 minutes, but over a cup of coffee, I had a great chat with Malc and Dave about how the club had evolved of the past 20 years or so and I was very impressed with what they have got going on 'in God's Little Acre (Grimsby)'. As Arnie would say ......'I'll be Back'....!

As I did not stay as long as I would have liked, I did'nt see much of the organised game, but from what little I saw, it was lining up to be a bloody affair. The terrain and figures looked impressive.

Ray...did you get any of your own collection of figures onto the table? Some of the guys I was having coffee with downstairs said you had bought some along and they said how impressive they looked.

Looking forward to rekindling my acquintance with my local club.

Adrian
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Got a Sudan game next Monday if you want join in Adrian, big game large table, want a few tips off you anyway about building stuff, great to see you though Adrian can see you are a laugh and glad you called in, we been talking at the club i think its gonna be a club visit at the Derby show to meet the rest of the crew on this site, look forward to that.

Anyway will get working on those WSS pics they look really good...3000 figures on the table pretty impressive.

Malc the Manc