New Perry minatures

covering mainly Crimean & American Civil War
neworks
Private
Private

New Perry minatures

Post by neworks » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:30 pm

The hard plastics arrived today and as you would expect they look great.

Models have the hat choice to make them Rebs or Union. 3 models can be built as drummer, standard or infantry. The drum comes in 2 parts which clips over the knap sack.

Neatly done.

Come with some rules and flags but I picked up Brother to Brother rules from e bay recently.

A present distraction from painting Mexicans.

Dave
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Got a Flyer from Perry Miniatures as to the Hard Plastics along with an order of metal today. They don't look too bad from the advertising Dave.
Can you let us know how the figures paint up :?:
and, your general impressions.

Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Post by parkinspieces » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:13 pm

Nice article in Wargames Illustrated 247 (MAY) on basic converting the new Perry plastics with even one converted to an Austrian 1866 infantryman :lol: . Future conversions will be on the Perries website under "Aly Morrison's Conversion Corner" :D

Stuart
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Stuart, Aly mentioned to me about his convesion articles and I'm looking forward to reading them. When the plastic figures were first mentioned my immediate idea was that these figures would be great for converting metal figures as the hats are already seperate and guns, packs etc. will be much easier to cut off plastic figures.

Cheers
Dave