ECW Battle of Nantwich

For topics related to wargaming in the period 1600-1660
Anonymous

ECW Battle of Nantwich

Post by Anonymous » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:48 pm

Does anyone on the forum have any helpfull information on The ECW Battle of Nantwich ? I already have a plan of the Battlefield from the Nantwich Museum but need an OB and any uniform infromation regarding coat colours of regiments present and flag details other than that contained within Forlorn Hope updated edition and Scenario books 1 and 2. Scenario Book 3 is on my wish list for Partizan I in May. Thanks
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri May 26, 2006 12:59 pm

Have you tried Dave at Caliver books?

A shout on the Warhammer ECW yahoo group might be worthwhile too.

Cheers
azeroth
Captain
Captain

Post by azeroth » Sat May 27, 2006 11:12 am

I have some info somewhere which i shall endeavour to drag out for you in the next week or so, drop me a private message and i'll scan and email for you

IanB
A moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole
It does not look likely to stir a man's soul
'Tis the deeds that were done 'neath the moth eaten rag
When the pole was a staff and the rag was a flag.

E Hamley
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Thanks to both Woody and Azeroth, there was a small book entitled 'The Battle of Nantwich' but out of print and stock at the moment, I'm annoyed that I didn't order it when it was last on caliver books website ! I have PMed my details to 'azeroth' and will try and post a summary of my findings about this battle to date when time permits (or should i say half time permits ) :D

PS just been searching Caliver Books website again, and found the book in question now listed as 'Happy Victory, The battle of Nantwich 1644' and Daves website is updated and much easier to use !