Friends in rout

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
Montecuccoli
Private
Private

Friends in rout

Post by Montecuccoli » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:59 pm

On page 23 "Morale" it is written: " cavalry test for routing infantry...".
However , this is not among the circumstances to test morale for cavalry units on page 24, nor there is any consequences for failing morale in such a circumstance.
What about it?

Thank you,
Luca
J Anderson
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by J Anderson » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi

You`re right, however we play the rule as in the infantry morale section ( Pg 23). I think it`s a common sense solution and works just fine. If the cavalry fail the morale test for seeing friendly infantry rout within 12" they also rout. Remember the right to left rule for testing morale though. Hope this helps a little.

Jim.
Montecuccoli
Private
Private

Post by Montecuccoli » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Oh, I see. However, infantry responses are much more graduated. They can be Shaken, or Retreat and only in a really bad situation they Rout. More, they have a lot of modifiers. Cavalry morale is more direct: no modifiers for the situation and, in the way you suggest, the result is very "radical". Or Stay or Rout...
J Anderson
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by J Anderson » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:27 pm

Hi

Apart from retire(from shooting) all the results are the same for cavalry. It all stems from the rules having two morale systems for two different sized tactical units. I personally think they work ok but if you like to tinker then you could use 12- 18 figures in a cavalry unit and call it a regiment and use the same system as the infantry maybe with a few different modifiers

Jim.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:41 am

Jim,

you and Ray are doing so well at answering BLB queries on this forum that I don't feel I can add any more! Thanks very much for that.. really appreciated :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
J Anderson
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by J Anderson » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:16 pm

Hi Barry

We`ve asked enough question to fill a new forum of our own Barry. Glad I can help, my answers won`t be as diffinitive as yours though.

Jim
Churchill
General
General

Passing your answers on

Post by Churchill » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi Barry,

Jim and I are happy to pass on the information you passed on to us all those months ago when we knew very little of the period and when we bombarded you with our own questions on the BLB rules. :?
We are so happy to help that we were wondering if you would endorse our new book entitled "The Q and A in easy layman terms on the BLB rules, there are no photos or diagrams, but it's still 200 pages thick. :shock:
We will have to discuss royalties of course. :lol:

Regards........Ray.

J Anderson
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by J Anderson » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Hi ray

Who`s name goes first on the cover ?. Only two hundred pages that must be the rough guide to BLB not the full version. It would still hurt after we threw at each other a couple of times though.

Jim
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi Jim,

Well I threw the six on the dice where as you only got a five, so my name first then yours and finally Barry's in the small print at the bottom of the first inside page.
As for throwing it at each other, I thought we decided we were going to use it on a game day to prop up that shorter leg on our table. :lol:

Ray...... :wink: