Cuirassiers.

Feedback and questions from the magnificent 7 Play test groups in Edinburgh, Dumfries, Sweden, Cheltenham, Arizona, Georgia and Florida.
Darkman
Major
Major

Cuirassiers.

Post by Darkman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:26 am

Just wondered why Cuirassiers have a reduced move. Now I am not from a re-enactment back ground. The nearest I have been on a horse is some gentle rides on an ex girfriends horse (this did envolve some gallops which I found interesting :shock: )

Having looked through the other sets of rules that I have lying around none of them penalise Cuirassiers in anyway. Strangley they are always in the group Heavy horse.
When it gets to full armoured Gendarmes or Cataphracts that is when the minuses kick in.
I have the idea that horse in this period mainly walk around the battlefield or at the most trot. and then even in the charge not much more than a canter would be involved. This would be to make sure that everyone arrives together in mass.

Thoughts
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Wondering why you changed their charge distance from 14" to 12"?

Cheers
Dave
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:44 pm

my one thought is that the difference in movement between cuirassiers and horse is now fairly marked. you will have situations where horse can charge cuirassiers but not vice versa.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:34 pm

Strangely, of all the mechanisms that have been getting tweaked Movement is the one causing me the most food for thought.
I am minded to equalise movement rates between Cuirassiers and ordinary horse to simplify things. Perhaps the armoured Eastern European types should move a little slower.
4 inches or 6 inches for Foot is neither here nor there as ground scale has not been specified. If that small change helps gamers get a more decisive result I won't mind changing it.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford