1st post

A board for questions and discussion relating to Clarence Harrison's ECW focused rules which are growing in popularity. Please post here for questions and discussion relating to VWQ
bibio
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

1st post

Post by bibio » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:14 pm

As i instigated the board I had better post , Clarence will know what the demand has been for his rules but with the plastics there seems to have been a lot more people on various forums looking for them.So many in fact he has changed the way of getting them.I reckoned this would be the ideal place for posting house rules which deal with some of the gaps.

iain
CoffinDodger
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by CoffinDodger » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Bibio,

It might be an idea to give a summary of what exactly Victory Without Quarter is for the uninitiated.

Jim
“I can assure you, Gentlefolk, they look better from a distance."
Jim O'Neill.
bibio
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by bibio » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:18 pm

OK Jim,VIctory without Quarter is a set of card driven ecw rules which at the moment are a free download, there is probably a link on Clarence's sight.It is without a doubt one of the most fun filled ecw rules out there,mechanics are simple,a regiment is three stands and is ativated when their card is turned,there is an event card which can throw the whole game into a happy pandemonium, but not enough to throw it completely out of kilder,and there is an end of turn card which means that careful plannig is not an option.
To paraphrase something from another thread it is not a competition set and is strictly for my type of game no headache at the end of it.

iain
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:01 pm

bibio wrote:It is without a doubt one of the most fun filled ecw rules out there

iain
:oops: Ok, when did this happen? I mean, through the magic of technology, I see it happened today, but... I'll post a link in another thread entitled Download VWQ...