Flags by Quindia Studios

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
flick40
Major General
Major General

Re: Flags by Quindia Studios

Post by flick40 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Generally, I like to focus on a battle or campaign, but would also consider a national army for smaller nations - particularly if the person making the request can provide or point me in the direction of references!

How about this small nation/state? I have the references in hand; ARMY OF THE ELECTORATE PALATINE 1690-1716 Author: Goldberg, Claus-Peter & Robert Hall.

:)

Joe
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:33 am

flick40 wrote:
Generally, I like to focus on a battle or campaign, but would also consider a national army for smaller nations - particularly if the person making the request can provide or point me in the direction of references!

How about this small nation/state? I have the references in hand; ARMY OF THE ELECTORATE PALATINE 1690-1716 Author: Goldberg, Claus-Peter & Robert Hall.

:)

Joe
Since several of those Palatinate regiments ended up in Spain, I'd be interested in how they come out!
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:52 am

Hello Clarence

I just return back from a family wedding in Newfoundland to Ontario. While away I downloaded Holmes 'Marlborough' bio on my ereader. Finished on the plane today the chapter on Sedgemoor.

Have you looked into what Monmouth's regiments would of carried for colours? The Regiments were named along the lines of the London Training Bands: Red, Green, Blue, etc. I wonder if their flags had the same back ground as their names. The Red Regiment was Monmouth's own, so perhaps his coat of arms?

Barry has done a few demo games with Sedgemoor.

cheers
Edward
Captain of Dragoons
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:38 am

Captain of Dragoons wrote: Have you looked into what Monmouth's regiments would of carried for colours? The Regiments were named along the lines of the London Training Bands: Red, Green, Blue, etc. I wonder if their flags had the same back ground as their names. The Red Regiment was Monmouth's own, so perhaps his coat of arms?
Edward
Edward, I just picked up Christopher Scott's excellent book on 'The Armies and Uniforms of the Monmouth Rebellion' at the Newcastel show. This certainly shows a varied selection of coloured flags which could match each of the regiments but as he states in the book, nothing survived of these flags so it's only conjecture to match the red flags to the red regiment, but it makes sense. The flags just look like ECW flags to me which are readily available from other companies.
Cheers
Dave
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:10 pm

thanks Dave, that's great info

My wish list for books on the period keeps getting bigger and bigger, 'Dannes in Ireland' and now 'Monmouth's'. :o

Still waiting for Barry to write 'Wargaming in History Vol?: The Nine Years War in Ireland, Scotland and Flanders'. :P

cheers
Edward
Captain of Dragoons
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:34 pm

New Dutch and Schomberg's Huguenot Horse now available
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Dear Clarence and Barry,

I am far from putting any pressure on you about the GNW Flags :wink: but as I have started to paint my Saxon Warfare Miniatures they will soon need flags to carry.
So, is there a timeframe when the flags may be available?
If you need further informations on the flags I try to provide them.

Best Wishes,

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:17 am

Dear Clarence,

Could you please loose a few words about estimates when GNW-Flags would be available? I am full aware that you have a Daytime job that keeps you quite busy but I still have Barry's PM in May 2012 in mind with the words "..in a few months..". :roll:
After starting my own Army with Warfare Miniatures and after ordering a few guns I would like to finish my boys by giving them flags. Next step will be to order 'some' Kürassiers.
PLEASE ....:wink: OK :?: :D

Thank You for Your time.

Günter

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:56 am

To our man in Virginia!

Are there any news about those Saxon Flags?

Best Wishes,

Günter

turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 am

Friedrich August I. wrote:To our man in Virginia!

Best Wishes,

Günter
to be honest with you gunter i would rather we had the figures first.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 am

turrabear wrote:

Best Wishes,

Günter
I know more then I say :wink:
Btw., Clarence is our Flag Manufacturer and his work has no influence on Clibinarium's superb work :D :wink:

turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:42 am

Friedrich August I. wrote:
turrabear wrote:

Best Wishes,

Günter
I know more then I say :wink:
Btw., Clarence is our Flag Manufacturer and his work has no influence on Clibinarium's superb work :D :wink:
i know taht gunter but i feel that we would be better to produce a range of figures before we produce a range of flags.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 am

Turrabear,

Barry and Clarence have been so nice to fullfill my wish for the Saxon flags at a time when here nobody talked about a GNW Warfare Miniature Range.

Of course it would be ideal if WM starts with GNW Miniatures before doing flags but as I go to use the current available WM for my early GNW Saxons I 'asked' for Flags for them and my Friends were listening :wink: :D

I hope that clarifies why the Flags for the Saxons coming first.

Best Wishes,
Günter

quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Up to my eyeballs at the moment with another project, but I'll see about finishing up the Saxon and Russian foot flags this weekend... they are actually finished, but I need to print them all to proof the colors and check the contrasts. No promises, but you WILL get them BEFORE the miniatures... :roll:

As Gunter pointed out, the flags have nothing to do with the model range. I had targeted the GNW as the next period of expansion for the flags before the model product arose. Gunther's kind contribution of the references for the flags just jumped the Saxons ahead of the Swedes...
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:18 am

quindia wrote:..... No promises, but you WILL get them BEFORE the miniatures... :roll: ...
Thank You for this :D