K U R A S S I E R !!!

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: K U R A S S I E R !!!

Post by barr7430 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 am

"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:17 am

Barry,

it strikes me with horror to see the figures you have painted within 3 days :shock: :D
As you have allready code numbers distributed...I think you know where this leads :wink:

Btw., these are lovely painted minis. Well done :D

Best Wishes,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:08 am

I'm loving the Jacobite Lifeguard...

I can see a pre-order going in for Kirrie! :D
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:33 am

As there are so many variants I really did just have to start and dig in to get some stuff painted. To do justice to the lot will take some time. Not counting all of the arm variants which are possible, there are 44 sets each with 3 models. That's 132 painted figures needed for the site right away excluding the horses.
I have recruited a little help now so the balance should be up as we go on. By the time the sets are commercially available I think we'll at least have a representation of all the basic types up.

I must say I enjoyed painting these and in terms of Clibinarium's sculpting he really goes from strength to strength. In my opinion, all of these sculpts are up with the best. If I had no prior knowledge and had been told these were done by the Perry's or Hicksy I would have believed it. In fact, now I would say that comparison is almost inappropriate as Clibnarium is benchmarking in his own right and other sculpts can justifiably be compared to his style not the other way round.
The figures painted so far are beautiful sculpts but I have not got to the really differentiated ones yet such as the characterful officers and bareheaded troopers. These will further differentiate the range.

One thing I feel very much worth pointing out is the superb proportionality of rider to mount. Combined with the poses (hunched or stretched in the saddle) the combination is very natural and life like. Also, much credit to the EBob horses and the way Clibinarium has tacked them. The horses add a huge dimension to the picture.
I really feel the range is coming of age now. It will continue to grow with lots of further new stuff in the pipe right now.
Enjoy!

Henry Ford
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:38 am

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks Ray, appreciated. My brushwork is not as anally (wonder if that will get through the filter) retentive as it used to be but I think I've still got a bit of skill left in the tank :oops:

These painted themselves though. The imperialists have really woken me up to the possibility of painting hordes of the buggers for myself. I can already see a demo game with 10 regiments of 24 each!

Better get started!

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:13 am

barr7430 wrote:132 painted figures needed....
:shock:
barr7430 wrote:I have recruited a little help ....
Child labour or Santa's Little Helper :?: :lol: :wink:
barr7430 wrote: I must say I enjoyed painting these and in terms of Clibinarium's sculpting he really goes from strength to strength. In my opinion, all of these sculpts are up with the best. If I had no prior knowledge and had been told these were done by the Perry's or Hicksy I would have believed it. In fact, now I would say that comparison is almost inappropriate as Clibnarium is benchmarking in his own right and other sculpts can justifiably be compared to his style not the other way round.
The figures painted so far are beautiful sculpts but I have not got to the really differentiated ones yet such as the characterful officers and bareheaded troopers. These will further differentiate the range.

One thing I feel very much worth pointing out is the superb proportionality of rider to mount. Combined with the poses (hunched or stretched in the saddle) the combination is very natural and life like. Also, much credit to the EBob horses and the way Clibinarium has tacked them. The horses add a huge dimension to the picture.
I really feel the range is coming of age now. It will continue to grow with lots of further new stuff in the pipe right now.
Enjoy!
I' m with You in this matter. That many different figures will help to form many uneven looking unit's. Clibinarium did a marvelous job!

Günter

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:16 am

barr7430 wrote:.........with 10 regiments of 24 each! Better get started!

And I thought I had delusions of grandeur. :lol: :lol:

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:24 am

You know me by now Gunter... if a project is worth doing, it is worth doing F****** MASSIVELY!

Santa's helper is called 'Andy' You might know him as a Jacobite General :wink:

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:11 pm

As the painting of the Cuirassiers is an ongoing job and to answer the question posed in a couple of private messages, I am happy to create some online albums of both individuals and sets. If anyone wants these mailed personally to them just email wordtwister@hotmail.co.uk and I'll send them on.

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:27 pm

These look lovely Barry and I can see me adding more Austrians and Bavarians to my WSS armies and some Lifeguard for my Irish Jacobites.
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Should manage to be able to put the Cuirassiers up for pre order over the next few days. Production moulds are being done now and the first production quantities rolling out. Furiously painting samples to stick up into the shop.

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:51 pm

AT LAST... YOU'LL FIND THEM IN THE SHOP. IF ANYONE WANTS THE 12 DIFFERENT TRICORNED CODES THEY'LL BE UP FRIDAY!

Henry Ford
Clibinarium
Major
Major

Post by Clibinarium » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Some nice paint-jobs in there Boss!

though at the moment they appear to out of order, in the way computers order numbers eg 1, 10, 11, 12, 13 ,14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2, 20, 21 etc.
I'm sure there's a name for that but it escapes me.
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:35 am

Someone must have applied a numeric sort order which will give you that result.
Greg