WARFARE PRIVATE COMMISSIONS - WHAT INTERESTS YOU?

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions

What codes might you invest in/buy if available

You may select up to 10 options

View results
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Re: WARFARE PRIVATE COMMISSIONS - WHAT INTERESTS YOU?

Post by turrabear » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:29 am

Dfogleman2 wrote:"Swedish Regiments can be use for LoA Confederate Army"

The GNW uniforms will not work for the LOA Swedish regiments in Dutch service. It appears that those regiments were clothed similarly to other Dutch regiments, although they had blue coats.

Here is a question, though: Did the Polish hussars still have wings in the GNW?
i assumedthat captian of dragoons was on about the current warfare miniature range which would work .
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:32 am

Russian James wrote:I have to admit I never realised the Poles still had winged hussars at this period! :lol:

As far as Norwegians are concerned, I would not expect separate models -I intend to use a mixture of current LoA, Russian in karputz and the occasional tricorne...

I'm only interested in them as I travel to Norway frequently on business and have found a couple of articles, plus they would be very rarely modelled units!
it's actualy great jim that we are on line disscusing the hopful realise of a warfare gnw range i rember years ago taking my russian and swedes into the aberdeen wargames club and no one had heard of that peroid. how thing s have changed for the better.
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Hello Turrabear
i assumed that captian of dragoons was on about the current warfare miniature range which would work .
The natural progress, IMHO, for Warfare Miniatures is Flanders for the Grand Alliance War and the GNW. The figures that Barry & Co are producing for Williamite/Jacobite Ireland can be used in Flanders for the LoA/GA as building blocks for a French Army and a Confederate Army.

For the Confederate Army the figures/Regiments used for Ireland is a almost complete for Flanders, you can add some Lunebergers, Spanish and Bavarians, etc.

If Barry produces GNW Swedish I have no problem using them as figures for a Swedish Regiment in Dutch Pay for the LoA/GA. The same goes for a 'German' Regiment in Swedish pay for the GNW using figures from Warfare Miniatures.

For a French Army in Ireland you have six regiments. These six regiments are the building blocks for a Flanders Army. Irish wild geese already available from the Ireland figures, add 1 x French Guard, 1 x Swiss Guard and French Cavalry.

And with BLB design concept of having pikes on its own stand you can do WSS.

Just like the forum 'Wargaming the period 1660-1721'. Now, just imagine if Barry & Co add Turks :!: :shock:

cheers
Edward
Captain of Dragoons
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Captain of Dragoons wrote:Hello Turrabear
i assumed that captian of dragoons was on about the current warfare miniature range which would work .
The natural progress, IMHO, for Warfare Miniatures is Flanders for the Grand Alliance War and the GNW. The figures that Barry & Co are producing for Williamite/Jacobite Ireland can be used in Flanders for the LoA/GA as building blocks for a French Army and a Confederate Army.

For the Confederate Army the figures/Regiments used for Ireland is a almost complete for Flanders, you can add some Lunebergers, Spanish and Bavarians, etc.

If Barry produces GNW Swedish I have no problem using them as figures for a Swedish Regiment in Dutch Pay for the LoA/GA. The same goes for a 'German' Regiment in Swedish pay for the GNW using figures from Warfare Miniatures.

For a French Army in Ireland you have six regiments. These six regiments are the building blocks for a Flanders Army. Irish wild geese already available from the Ireland figures, add 1 x French Guard, 1 x Swiss Guard and French Cavalry.

And with BLB design concept of having pikes on its own stand you can do WSS.

Just like the forum 'Wargaming the period 1660-1721'. Now, just imagine if Barry & Co add Turks :!: :shock:

cheers
Edward
the swedes had a different uniform in the great northern war compared to the nine years war . most striking is the turn back's on the coat and the tricorne.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:33 pm

The design process has been a learning experience for both myself and Clibinarium. The range started with a 'stick in the sand' approach, ie we had to do something. Since then it has evolved into a more logical and economical process. I might even use the word 'scientific'! As a for instance, the entire cuirassier range came from only 4 dollies and a lot of brain - ache about how to maximize the output from them. We have adopted that approach for the imminent release which include French Guard infantry and armoured pikemen. It is also being applied to new cavalry and dragoons. The reason for mentioning this is to help the discussions here and also answer some of the questions.
Within the bounds of commercial viability I see no reason to fudge anything. What I mean by that is we should manage accurate renditions of Swedes in tricorne and karpus, Russians in pokalems, even Norwegians. As for Turks, it is my intention at some point to produce 17th century Turks (which probaly vary little from 16th or 18th century Turks!).
The French will not be neglected for Flanders since it was the main theatre of ops for the European super power.

I have focused on raising the profile a little on the Glorious Revolution and the war in Ireland but the range was not specifically designed for that theatre. The core codes are generic late 17th century infantry which can be used for many nations.

Up till now I can think of only 1 manufacturer who actually took a serious approach to trying to produce distinctive French types and that was Dixon about 25 years ago. There are a limited number of Dixon codes which appear specifically French. Foundry and several others produced generic infantry which of course were very welcome at the time.

Rather than spread Warfare across a huge period of history I will for now restrict it to 1660- 1720ish and try and produce as much specificity as is commercially viable whilst offering the widest possible range of options to gamers.

I read almost evey post on these Boards relating to Warfare, BLB and 17/18th century so keep it all coming.

Cheers

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:57 am

if this keep's up then we'll need our own seperate gnw section on the forum.
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:06 am

barr7430 wrote:In case anyone was thinking this had gone to sleep, far from it. The Poll itself has now had quite a bit of time to level out and with the number of votes cast, a balanced view is more visible than the spikeyness caused with few votes and anomalous interests.

Clearly, 3 areas stand out: French and Grand Alliance for the NYW period and GNW.

We are already on the move in both areas. 2013 will be an even bigger year for Warfare Miniatures releases than 2012 was.

In the conventional series of releases we will have:

Additional Horse types including
Enthusiastic Cavalry Command (already sculpted)
Mounted Dragoons Allied
Mounted Dragoons French
Further command and officers
Further Horse types suitable for French & Spanish & WSS

Dismounted dragoon command(Allied)(Already sculpted)
Dismounted Dragoons (French)
Dragoons Horseholders

French Maison du Roi Infantry
French Infantry
Siege equipment and mortars
civilians and labourers

Highlanders

I am currently assessing the possibility of a quick release on:

Fusiliers/Marines in several poses including command
Militia/Rebels/Recruit Infantry

On the GNW Front, the first test sculpt is already completed and I am just waiting to get a good quality shot of that to let the Forum have a look. I will actively go forward with the 'subscription idea' and provide more details over the next few weeks.

In terms of putting together:

Saxon
Saxon/Polish
Swedish
Russian
Danish

Armies, I hope to confer with my chums and Forum members such as Gunter, Dannie,Dan and others to show how available Warfare figures can be accurately deployed into armies from the Skane Wars through to 1721. We'll probably set up an area on the site or a separate, affiliated blog for this.

Others who have requested specifics such as armoured pikemen, pikemen at the charge etc.. will see some of that coming (dollies have been done for some) and we can discuss further variations through the subscription route.

Hopefully there is enough meat here for you to get your teeth into and a reassurance that I am not just playing about with this range :wink:

Hello Barry

Rather long quote :oops:

For the French Maison du Roi and Regular Infantry are you going to include the shoulder ribbons?
Captain of Dragoons
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:24 am

Yes Edward, it is the intention to Frenchie-fy them as much as possible. The Gardes are specifically sculpted to be a sumptuous Royal treat! Elegant poses and lovely uniforms.

Vive le Roi!

Henry Ford
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:28 am

Barry,

I received a permissions error when I attempted to enter the Skane Wars section.
Greg
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:28 am

Barry,

I received a permissions error when I attempted to enter the Skane Wars section.
Greg
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:02 am

18th Century Guy wrote:Barry,

Same here.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:35 am

Try again chaps. I think I sorted that. The permissions have be set as the same as the parent forum.

Henry Ford
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Still can't access.
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Scanian Wars, that is.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:11 pm

ok,leave it with me.. don;t know what the heck s going on there.. can;t have a forum for you chaps that you can't access!

Henry Ford