Grey Dragoons

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Grey Dragoons

Post by Gunfreak » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:59 am

I'm thinking it's time to get back to work with some WSS, it's been on the back burner after i concentrated on GNW, my danes are of course duel purpose, and so are my saxons to a lesser extent.

But i think it's time to add some Anglo-Scots/British as well as Dutch.

But how should I do the grey dragoons and other British. They usually fought either as cavalry or infantry.
This might be better represented by using regular cavalry models on dragoons horses. BUT the uniforms are not exactly right (like the cavalry have gloves)
But might look cool?

The easiest is simply to wait for dragoons in tricornes.
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Grey Dragoons

Post by Dfogleman2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:25 pm

The major distinction in appearance was the belts. The horse wore the sword belt across the shoulder while the dragoons wore it around the waist.

You may be able to use the Russian dragoons, when they come out, but if so, I would use the standard Warfare horse because of the horse furniture.

The British dragoons stood up well against the French line cavalry in the WSS, so I would have no trouble mounting them on full-sized horses.