Autumn 2016 - Weekender

Info and chat about wargaming weekend events arranged by LEAGUE OF AUGSBURG in both England and Scotland
billwargames
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Autumn 2016 - Weekender

Post by billwargames » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:06 am

To Rebel Marquis de Ruvigny
Looking to the future we have started to plant more trees to accommodate all rebels ,my troops are loyal to my command.
Already King James troops are rushing to my aid, if your troops dare to interject they will be repulsed and driven back to the sea where they will just be more flotsam.
Mackay..
biomed
arthur1905
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by arthur1905 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:50 am

On the 10th day of November in the year of his Lord 2016 (1692)

To: All the Subjects of England, weather being loyal and faithful subjects to James the Second, by the Grace of God, King of England, Scotland, France and ireland, Defender of the Faith, etc and to those subjects who have been fooled and tricked into into supporting the Upstart and traitorous william of orange.

On behalf of my Farther, James the Second etc.. I can assure you that we will reclaim the country for God and King and reinstate the Rule of Law and allow freedom of Religion and restore the freedom of speech and thought. All anyone who has been forces to serve under the upstart has to do to claim the protection and blessing of the True King, James the Second etc.. is to swear loyalty to his name.

This offer is open to all the Subjects of the country as long as they no longer take up arms against the true king from the 11th day of November in the year of our Lord 2016(1692)

with the exception to those traitors who instigated this unjust and illegal invasion:
the earl of shrewsbury
the earl of devonshire
the earl of danby
the viscount lumley
the (excommunicated) bishop of london
edward russell
henry sydney

the following troops are as i write this are getting set to head to Scotland to Support our most loyal subjects.

Duke of Berwick
Attachments
2016-11-09 11.54.07.jpg
2016-11-09 11.54.07.jpg (196.88 KiB) Viewed 54500 times
2016-11-09 11.54.00.jpg
2016-11-09 11.54.00.jpg (204.91 KiB) Viewed 54500 times
2016-11-09 11.59.18.jpg
2016-11-09 11.59.18.jpg (173.42 KiB) Viewed 54500 times
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Final pre weekender dispatches sent out today to all the players. The scene is set... let battle for the Kingdomes commence!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:15 pm

Wish you all a fairly "dry" weekend my Friends :D
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:36 pm

Gunter,

you mean..
Weather?
River fording?
Crying?

OR..... the bar :wink:

Henry Ford
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Adam Hayes » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Thanks chaps for an excellent weekend. Well done to my successful Jacobite colleagues (and the less successful northern ones!) and Hello to our new "friends."
arthur1905
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by arthur1905 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:59 pm

To My Lords and Generals,

On behalf of my Father, James the Second, By Grace of God King of England, Scotland, Ireland and France etc.. congratulations on a superb victory in the South West of England which resulted in the surrender of the Armies of the Impostor William of Orange.

Tomorrow is to be recorded as a day of fasting and prayer, to give thanks for the victory of the one and true king,

my hearty congratulations go out to General Hamilton for leading the army to this victory, which resulted in the scheming General Kirk fleeing and the capture of Churchill so that he may be held to account.

May all please take notice that General Tollemache and the Danish Brigade have been given free passage and my protection to leave England by the shortest distance with all honors of war and with standards unfurled.

Berwick
arthur1905
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by arthur1905 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:04 pm

To all my friends New and Old,

Thank you one and all for such a superb weekend of scheming and gaming and for such a warm welcome,

may the dice gods always look favorably on your undertakings and I pray that you never suffer from Pike Rot :D

I am looking forward to our next engagement,

once again thank you for a superb weekend one and all

Mark
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:44 am

To His Majesty King James
From Dundee. (bonny)

Due to almost complete inaction ( perfidy) of the French "allies" under St Ruhe I have been forced to withdraw the army back to Scotland. Grievous losses suffered by our loyal highland regiments because of the inaction of St Ruhe. I have however managed to offset my losses by the addition of 2 regiments who enthusiastically volunteered to be transferred from the troops commanded by the high spirited but inexperienced Wauchope.
I also have some excellent news in that my regiment of horse have arrived back with army today bearing a large amount of money, I believe nearly £1500 English pounds.
I would also like to single out for high praise , the men of Cameron of Lochiel who valiantly and of their owned accord charged and captured a battery of artillery situated on a hill which was causing considerable discomfort to our "allies" , the French.
As advised by Lochiel himself and verified by several of his men . It was only the appearance of William himself and both battalions of his Dutch guard that forced Lochiel into a reluctant and stubborn retreat.
I would ask his majesty to withdraw French troops from Scotland as they are inflaming the passions of the populace against him .
I am returning to Scotland to further the best interests of the Scottish people. I appeal to true Patriots to join the colours

For Scotland

Dundee (bonny )
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:53 am

To
General Mackay

It was indeed unfortunate that Scot met Scot on the field of battle. Luckily on this occasion we inflicted fairly moderate casualties on each other. My reinforced troops are already returning to Scotland where I intend to represent the Scottish nobility and people and ensure that their best interests are preserved.
we should set aside our differences of religion. you should return to Scotland and co operate with my command to ensure a fairer and stronger Scotland .

Dundee (bonny )
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Two German scriveners of 'independent' mind and means were allegedly present at the great Battle of Ripon during which the Scots of Claverhouse
charged with much spirit against their enemies.

It seems however that some confusion has arisen in the heat and smoke of battle. One of the scriveners alleges to have witnessed the men of Lochiel take fright on the appearance of a small group of cow herds moving their beasts along the great ridge. The Scots may have mistaken the cow herds for guards as of course they were indeed watching their charges. It is thought the beasts were Frisians so the confusion of Dutch Guards and guards of the Dutch (cows) is easily reconciled. That one of the herd was a bull may also explain the bull which has inadvertently crept into the story from My Lord Dundee.

Of course the German writers were somewhat underwhelmed by the performance of King Louis' troops during the battle likening their advance to the progress of an inebriate with both limbs down one leg of his breeches walking uphill backwards in a stiff wind.

That General Mackay's bold command eventually found their way down the same hill was also an astonishment to the Germans. It was said in one caustic piece penned by the pair that the Marquis de Ruvigny lost more men trying to extract the corks from his wine bottles during his lunch at camp than he did in the entire engagement against the followers of King James. Whether this be true no one can tell. The Young General Wake- Up(Theo and get your hair washed) who partook excessively from the evening fountain was said to have reached the battle with his periwig in some disarray. His own father having to comb his lustrous locks whilst regiments awaited orders to do battle and mayhem on the field.

The wild men of the Western part of Ireland were themselves greatly discomfited by events taking place around them and it is said their commander, the Scot Hamilton was vexed when it appeared that he may have had to assume command of King William's rag tag troops.. all was well in the end, the story goes and a victory was won in spite of circumstance.....

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:43 am

Plenty of detail now on the blog about the weekender

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:43 am

Henry Ford
Hanni
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hanni » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 am

Excellent it is too !
Superb weekend it was, with everyone playing there part, hope everyone enjoyed it.