More Cultist Questions

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

More Cultist Questions

Post by Redmist1122 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:11 am

Having dust off the book, we played the Rearguard Action scenario tonight with Army and Cultist Faction. The cultist were loaded with a Witch, Ghoul, Master of Hell Hounds and Cult Leader. For some odd reason, I cannot find where I came up with the ability die number for the Special Characters. I know Special Characters absorb the unit's ability die type when attached, but...

Q1 - Where do we get the Ability Die number from for those Special Characters which roam the country side independent from a group?
Q2 - When I decide to use the Poison Dagger option for the Witch, what is here ability Die to strike?
Q3 - When the Hell Hounds are unleashed to attack, what happens to them when they are done and beaten the enemy? I had one hell hound stray and attack the Witch, which was was in 12 ". The Witch was killed, so what happens to the Hell Hound? Does he continue to go after someone else; friend/foe, or does he return to his master?

Thank you.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: More Cultist Questions

Post by barr7430 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:37 am

Greg,

I am away from home (for this first time in 19 months. I will try and look up the answers tonight on a pdf and revert.

cheers
B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Re: More Cultist Questions

Post by Redmist1122 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:01 pm

Hello Barry,
I think I figured out the answers.

So based on your force, the Special Characters have to match up to one of the forces abilities. So in my four group Cultist Force, I have one Recruit, two Drilled and one Elite group. With four Special Characters being selected, I would have to break it out to: Master of Hell Hounds as a D8, Cult Leader was a D10, Ghoul was a D8 and the Witch would be a D6. The Hero would be a D12.

As far as a Witch using her poison dagger, I would think if she was attack, and not her initiating the attack, she would use her dagger. If she attack, then she can use her special abilities.

As far as the Hell Hounds...not really sure on the recall...if any.

Thank you.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA