French drummer uniform help!

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

French drummer uniform help!

Post by Rob Herrick » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:12 am

Does anybody have information about the uniforms of the drummers of the Infantry regiments of Ney's VI Corps in 1805?

Specifically the 6e, 9e and 25e Legere, and 32e, 39e, 50e, 59e, 69e, 76e, and 96e Ligne.

I have the details for the 27e Ligne, but that's it. Sadly, the Hourtoulle books will reprint the Guard drummers uniforms and the Cavalry uniforms a lot, and they're pretty good about the facing colors with the Allies, but they don't do much for the French line.

What little I do have in Ospreys and various websites covers much the same regiments as the Hourtoulle prints. It's great if you're interested in III or IV Corps, but not VI.

Any help is appreciated!
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: French drummer uniform help!

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:59 am

Rob,

I faced the same troubles a while ago and currently the project has gone into a dormant state. But I will look into my old french books, most of them thirty years old, and the other stuff to see if I find something usefull for you.
Maybe Clarence can add somthing to it because we both are fond of Ney and his VI.Corps 1805 to 1811.

Cheers,

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.