BLB CAN BE PRE ORDERED NOW!!!

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Churchill
General
General

Salute 2008

Post by Churchill » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:35 am

Hello Barry,

I hope you enjoyed your day at Salute this year, sorry I didn't get to meet you at the Reiver Castings Tradestand.I called back there twice, but missed you both times and that was without the scarlet pimpernell outfit on..........or was it the black fingernail :lol: The last time I called there Rob said you had gone for something to eat......so how was mrs.miggins pieshop :wink:
I spent a fortune at the Front Rank stand and now have 5 btns of Marlburian british infantry and 3 squadrons of cavalry (Lumley's Horse) and 2 guns with crew.I also brought the last of the Prussian's I need for my Waterloo Project from Fighting 15's.
So I had a good time apart from nearly being run over by a huge radio-controlled Tiger Tank, exterminated by a Darlek and captured by Darth Vader and some of his stormtroopers.
I will meet you at the Falkirk show and will be interested in your Ligny game and see how the Republic to Empire rules work.Then to Partizan at the end of May to watch your BLB game.
As soon as I get a unit painted I'll post some pic's.

See you soon best wishes...........Ray.

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:15 am

Yes indeed Ray... our paths failed to cross also in true detective style I found evidence of your trail in the hall :shock:

Talking to Rob for one and then to Jon Wray & Iain Stainsford at the Pike & Shot Society where you had been grilling Iain on British regiments at Blenheim :wink:

See you at Falkirk.. but which one of the LoGW am I :shock:

The Jolly one with curly hair and glasses :lol:
The big threatening looking one with the shaved head and killer eyes :twisted:
The little hyperactive one :shock: :shock:
The thin quiet one :(
or the even thinner quieter one :shock: :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Churchill
General
General

Salute 2008

Post by Churchill » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:51 am

A trail you say Barry, well I knew I was desperate for the toilet at one stage, but I hadn't realised I had an accident on the way. :lol:
As for Iain Stanford, he was a bit quiet at first, but when I introduced myself as the Spanish Inquisition and sat him in the comfy chair he soon started blabbering.We chatted for a while about the British Horse regiments at Blenheim and how a Elite French Horse regiment namely the Gendamerie de France 8 sqns could be repulsed by Drilled British Horse namely Palmes Brigade 5 sqns.
Iain totally agreed with your Troop Classification for the British of 1704 so I'm happy with that and set for a game soon.
I also purchased a Williamite battalion from Reiver and I'm going to paint them as Kirke's Lamb's seeing as all the others at my club are leaning towards the Boyne than Blenheim, but trying to twist a few arms :wink:
So at Falkirk Barry, I should look for a skinny tall guy, that's bald, has a bushy beard, wears glasses, evil looking, but happy and jump's about a lot.Well thats going to be imposible as I've just described the full falkirk population.....women included..... :shock: :lol: :wink:

See you there.............Ray.

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:31 pm

YUP!

Henry Ford
Budyenny
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Budyenny » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:44 pm

Barry

Received my set of rules last Wednesday, excellent production, nice and glossy, very inspirational. Am about to relocate to deepest Shropshire, managing to prevent my dearest not to pack my WSS stuff in unmarked packing boxes so I can get to them first. My wife seems to think I am just going to "do" things around the place all the time like acres of stock proof fencing straight away, spose she'll win :).

Any gamers out near Shrewsbury? How long to the first suppliment then?

Regards

Paul Ireland
To win or lose, it doesn't matter it's only a game!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Shropshire :!:

There's got to be some gamers out there. It's nearly Wales and so the local populace are all probably ex March Wardens or the like 8)

Supplements.. well I am going to start another thread on that as I have a few new ideas I want to share with our friends :idea:

Henry Ford
kiwipeterh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kiwipeterh » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Beneath the Lily Banners managed to make it beneath my house roof in NZ today! :lol:

A quick flick tells me that this is a most sumptuous production with surely the prettiest quick reference sheet I've ever seen.

Many thanks and well done.

Salute
von Peter himself
Visit the blog of von Peter himself at http://vonpeterhimself.wordpress.com/
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:32 pm

Glad to hear that Peter!! :D

Henry Ford
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:46 pm

My copy came in the mail yesterday. Holy Boxcars Batman, this is an awesome rule set.
Bluebear
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Bluebear » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Canada Post slipped up and actually delivered my copy of BLB today . . . only eleven days after it was mailed . . . that is very quick for them.

I haven't had a chance to look it over yet since it just arrived . . . but I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning.

-- Jeff
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Mon May 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Hello Barry

My copy of BLB arrived today :D Very impress :!: I was just reading the Rearguard At Neerhespen scenario and was thinking wow that is a lot of French Cavalry. A full brigade of Grand Alliance Cuirassiers too 8)

cheers
Edward
Captain of Dragoons
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

BLB Rules

Post by yar68 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:02 am

I apparently bought the last ever copy printed of BLB at Salute, so said the guy on the Reiver stand. I cheekily asked for a freebie to commemorate the great occasion, but was kindly told NO!!
Great Rules, Great Pics!!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:16 am

Well thanks for that! Wife and two ravenous wolves to feed!

I think there may be a few copies lurking in a couple of shops here and there but I ran out of stock over 6 months ago. I didn't even keep a 'posterity' stock back for myself.. I have 2 copies, one with all my notations and one pristine and that's it!

Henry Ford