Bavarians any Help Please

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Sun May 11, 2008 10:11 am

Hi all,

Well after Falkirk and watching Reiver Rob's game using Barry's BLB Rules I managed to interest (or should I say twist the arm of) a mate of mine into building a Bavarian Force to go against my Marlburian British.
Information is needed, firstly what figure manufactures do Bavarians both in Infantry and Cavalry or what figures would fit in as these.
Secondly the only thing I know about uniform colours is that the coat colour is sky blue and that the grenadiers wore fur mitre's so can anyone name any uniform book's that maybe helpful.

P.S. Finally met up with Barry at Falkirk.....what a nice bloke :D and always helpful.

Regards........Ray.

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:40 am

Ray,

nice to meet you and the North Eastern lads too! :D

I have a facsimile of the famous 'Wagner' plates somewhere. These are all individual drawings of the Bavarian Army of 1704 from the high command down to the pikemen. There are also contact sheets of uniform layouts, saddlecloths etc.

Here is a quick starter:

Infantry: very attractive skiy blue coat with facing colours ranging through white, red, yellow etc.
Infantry in tricornes, pikes still used
Cavalry : Cuirassiers or Dragoons. Cuirassiers in a slate grey/blue coat with various cuff colours ranging through the spectrumstill wearing back and breast and pot helmets. Dragoons in red coats often with various cuff colours including pea green.

Flags : Fantastic! Combinations of the Bavarian Arms(just like you see on the front on a BMW!), Holy figures and statues.

Great Army!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Sun May 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Caliver have a CD-ROM ref CD 2005-44 for the "The Army of the Blue King by Hoffmann (Bavaria 1684-1727)" at £7.50 Is tis the reference?

Best
Ben
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Sun May 11, 2008 7:05 pm

Thanks Ben,

How much info is on the CD-ROM covering the Bavarian Regiments present at Blenheim? I will look at the Caliver Website, but I'm also thinking of adding to my collection of Robert Hall Plates.I purchased the British Plates and most of the Bavarian Regiments I'm looking for are covered.
Just need to know what figure manufactures make Bavarians or which figure range could I use for Bavarian Infantry and Cavalry.

Cheers...........Ray.

Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Mon May 12, 2008 7:35 am

There are small scans of all the pictures here: http://www.uniformology.com/Blueking.html
However, don't buy them from Uniformology, they have a... er... a not good reputation for service; get them from Caliver.

Cheers
Ben
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.