Uniform of the musicians of the British Cavalry & Dragoons

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Belg
Major
Major

Uniform of the musicians of the British Cavalry & Dragoons

Post by Belg » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:08 pm

He,
please, someone would you like to tell me if the Trumpeters of the British Cavalry and the Drummers of Dragoons, at the time of the Spanish Succession War, had the coat of the same color as that of the troopers or if the color was reversed, (like Infantry, ie those distintive of the regiment)?

I examined the Osprey books I have:
- Series "Men-at-Arms" - 267 - The British Army 1660-1704
- ditto - 97 - Marlbourough's Army 1702-11
and also the book:
- The Armies of Marlborough's Wars and Uniform Vol 1 (Partizan edition) by CS Grant
but unfortunately I have not found any indication about the colors of the uniforms of the Trumpeters Cavalry's Trupeters and Dragoon's Drummers of the Brithish Army.
For the Cavalry, the only reference concerns the Trumpeter of Lord Malbourough (Table A3 - MaA n. 97), for which the Author wrote that he wore "the same uniform of Trumpeters Life Guards" (scarlet with blue lining).
For extension, can we hypothesize that other Cavalry regiments followed the same pattern, then Trumpeters have the same uniforms of other ranks?
Do You believes that this reasoning it may be correct?
The question remains open for the Dragoons: being them "Infantry," although "mounted", have they adopted the same pattern of Infantry (then reversed colors) or that of the Cavalry?
Many thanks,
Bye