2010 Weekenders

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

2010 Weekenders

Post by Blucher » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Gentlemen

As a few of you are aware I'm gradually 'eeking' out some 'hobby time' out of my hectic schedules. With that in mind I'm having to 'time manage' more than usual. With this in mind I'm trying to start to sort out a few things regarding this years games, earlier than I would normally. Please then indulge me where you can.

Having 'spoken' to both Dale and Peter I can confirm to 'The Gents' the following:

March 20/21 - Stonehaven - British Civil War (organised by Colin & Dave)

June 12/13 - Kirrie - France 1814 Napoleonic 'Mini - Campaign' (organised by Adrian, Kevin & Barry).

November 20/21 - Kirrie - Paris 1814 Napoleonic 'multi player large scale game'. (organised by Adrian, Kevin & Barry)

If you will allow my to 'skip over' The British Civil War weekender at present (i'm sure Dave & Colin will bring us all up to speed over the coming weeks) I would like to start things moving regarding the June and November games if I may? I know we don't usually take game planning 'out of turn' ...........but ..........as I'm involved in organising 2 of them and for 'reasons in the intro' i would like to start planning, sooner than later.

Having discussed things over Christmas with my 2 co-organisers the June 'mini campaign' is going to be made up of a number of smaller, 1 v 1 player and 2 v 2 player games,lasting about 2-3 ish hours. The aim is to:

Start with 'small detachments/commands' and gain victory points, objective points which can - 'buy/equip yourself with more troops', 'heal' casualties, 'upgrade troop types' etc. (a bit like the Wild West game we played previously)

The idea is that each player will start as a French or Allied Brigade commander and based on 'results' will quickly rise through the ranks and expand his force to Divisional Level (or better!) .......OR.......may still be a poor Brigade commander by the end of the weekend!!!

The end result will create a 'mixed bag' of Exceptional through to Plodder Commanders BASED ON YOUR OWN CAPABILITIES.....not on the 'dice roll'!!!! These Command statistics along with what force, its numerical strength, composition, abilities etc, etc is what you will command outside of Paris in the 'multi-player' armies in the November game.

That Gents is a very 'brief' overview. I know its early doors but if you all would be kind enough to 'post' availablity for the June and November games - that would really help planning. If you can make one date and not the other, then let me know as we may be able to 'buddy you up' with someone who can not make one of the dates either - either way not to worry you will get to play!

I'll leave it at this for now but more details will be forth coming.

Blucher
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks Adrian. I can confirm that the hall has been booked for the Kirriemuir dates and that I'm OK for all three LoGW weekends this year.

As you know, we already have access to tables and boards in the hall. Let me know if I can help with terrain, buildings, trees, hedges, rivers, streams, etc. Some of my veteran French have been replaced with Front Rank figures. Is there likely to be any use for Polish battalions for these games?

See you in March. Hey, it's only about nine weeks away. I hope Musketeer have delivered long before that.
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Angus Konstam » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Chaps,

I'm afraid I won't make the March game in Stonehaven, unless I can find a way of wriggling out of attending a family wedding. However, my Russian army is slowly stirring from its winter quarters, and will take the field against the Kirrie Ogre in midsummer. I'm sure you lot will manage to keep yourselves entertained until then!

What rules are we using - Black Powder? :twisted:

Angus
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:11 pm

What rules are we using - Black Powder? Twisted Evil
Blasphemer! :)
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Angus Konstam wrote:Chaps,

I'm afraid I won't make the March game in Stonehaven, unless I can find a way of wriggling out of attending a family wedding. Angus
Well there goes the Heughs bar profits for the year so we know who to blame if they go out of business. :lol:

Cheers
Dave
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Angus Konstam » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:06 pm

I refuse to be called "blasphemer" by someone who flies a "paddy for hire" flag. What's next - a visit from the bloody Spanish Inquisition?! :twisted:
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Are you Gents alright?

It is unusually 'quite' on the banter and usual 'rhetoric' front!

Only 4 weeks from the next weekender and.........................

'Confused and Concerned' of Grimsby
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Are you Gents alright?
Just a couple Celts who will settle this over drink come Historicon. :)
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Blucher wrote:Are you Gents alright?
It is unusually 'quite' on the banter and usual 'rhetoric' front!
Only 4 weeks from the next weekender and.........................
'Confused and Concerned' of Grimsby
Don't worry! Colin and myself have been busy concocting our evil plans :twisted:
He's busy running a similar BCW campaign this weekend at Lundin Links and is going to try out a few things.

Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:01 am

Hi guys, any idea when the table plans for the game will be ready? Seems a long time now since our last LOWG event so looking forward to this months game.
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:35 am

Peter, hoping to finalise things with Colin this weekend.
I've hardly had any wargaming for the last 8 months so I am also looking forward to this and seeing all you guys again.

Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:52 am

OK chaps just over a week to go and things are now sorted out.
A seperate message has been sent to Peter and Bob with requirements for terrain tiles but we could still could do with a few other things.

I'll be bringing all my buildings and Colin will have his but as we have 10 towns to put on the table we could use some more so if anyone has any British looking buildings in 20-25mm scale could they bring them along. We could also do with a number of walled fields and some spare roads and again Colin and I will also have ours.

This is quite a small game for us, only 176 squ. ft. but it will be quite congested but hopefully interesting. If anyone has managed to produce any more figures since the last update can they let Colin know.
Cheers
Dave
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Will bring up what buildings and walls I have Dave.
Tiles, see separate correspondance, but all AOK here, and
have updated Colin with latest figure count.
Looking forward to this ? - "not arrrrf"

Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:58 pm

I'll bring some buildings... Hovels WW2 types that we used for the big city game.. that OK?
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:23 am

I should have mentioned to you guys that we don't want any ruined buildings, we hope to do that ourselves over the weekend.
Some Last Valley trees would also be useful.
A few more private messages have been sent to individuals as I don't want to give too much away.
Cheers
Dave