November 20th/21st 2010

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

November 20th/21st 2010

Post by Dale » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:50 am

November 20th/21st 2010 Venue, Guide Halls, Kirriemuir. This is another 1814 spectacular to be organised by Ade and Kevin. Looking forward to it already. I have it in good authority that Adrians "donkey derby" Prussian cavalry will have reformed by then.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:53 pm

I don't think you'll be looking forward to it that much when you discover that most of your troops are Paris Militia :lol:

Cheers
Dave
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Dale

Have you just got a new laptop or something?

The 'technology overload' you must be suffering from now, with just making 5 'postings' must be massive - and a major surprise to the rest of us!!!!!!!!!

In answer to your 'slight' on the heroic and dashing Prussian Cavalry Division - I can confirm that they will be back and 'fully fit' for November................ I have got them a 'summer gig' on Cleethorpes Beach!!!!

'Neddy'
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Would any of you who are available please meet in the Guide Halls at 6.00pm on Friday for set-up.

Who knows Kevin and Adrian might like to brief us about how the horrible invaders aim to squash the innocent and gentle, oh did I forget honourable and friendly French soldats. Ah! the peace that a united French continent could bring!

For the hungry amongst you I have the menus for Treffers at lunchtime and the Airlie Hotel for Saturday evening dinner.

For the thirsty. My place after the set-up.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Dale, Colin and myself will be up early and can help with set-up but we will probably have something to eat at the Airlie first.

Cheers
Dave
Alpha
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Alpha » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:11 am

Guys,
Sorry that I can't get to this one...the boss said I couldn't go! Too much wargames weekends away lately. Have a great game. I'll be playing with Thomas the Tank Engine all weekend.
David
Last edited by Alpha on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Head of the Lundin Links Escape Committee!
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Alpha wrote:Guys,
Sorry that I can't get to this one...the boss said I couldn't go! I guess I have had too many wargames weekends away lately. Have a great game. I'll be playing with Thomas the Tank Engine all weekend.
David
I always used enjoy watching the Thomas videos with my kids and just admired the terrain thinking how great it would be for wargaming.
Cheers
Dave
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:55 pm

This Thomas the Tank thing explains a lot about your wargames command style Dave. Should you be telling us this?

Are you noble French or dastardly allies this weekend? Will it involve shunting?
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Dale wrote:This Thomas the Tank thing explains a lot about your wargames command style Dave. Should you be telling us this?

Are you noble French or dastardly allies this weekend? Will it involve shunting?
Yep! I'll be shunting my Russians into Paris and knocking your French off the rails :wink:
Cheers
Dave
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Angus Konstam » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:57 pm

Is "Thomas the Tank Engine" a euphemism for something?
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Guys

Like Dale has already requested, can anyone who is available be at Guide Hall to help out.

I think that Barry, Colin, Dave O'B and myself will be there along with you Dale.

If someone (probably Dale) could let Dave Tulloch know (if you are not reading this yourself Dave!) that would be appreciated.

Kev is planning to be down about 7.30/8.00 pm.

Anyone who can not make Friday night, we are aiming to start Game Briefing around 9.15am on Sat morning for Game start at 10.00am.

Apart from what Kev has asked you to bring figure or terrain wise - the only things we might need last minute are 'rubber roads' or 'loose barricades/clutter' to help block up the Paris suburbs.

Thanks

General 'de la' Blucher (yes ......I'm on the French side!!!!!!!!!)
Peter McCarroll
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Peter McCarroll » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:13 pm

I should be there by about 7.00pm.

Peter
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Angus Konstam » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:22 pm

I have two missing gigs to make up. To hell with bites to eat and set-up... when does the carousing start? :twisted:

Angus, Hetman of the Orcadian Cossacks
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Angus Konstam » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:24 pm

Dale "helping out" at the Guide Hall. Is that another euphemism? :shock:
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Angus Konstam wrote:I have two missing gigs to make up. To hell with bites to eat and set-up... when does the carousing start? :twisted:
Angus, Hetman of the Orcadian Cossacks
I wondered why those two weekends went to well. :wink:
Cheers
Dave