The Next One!!!!

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Next One!!!!

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:06 pm

Messrs Jack and O'Brien did a cute selling job on us during the weekend :shock:
Looks like were all talked into a mega size game from in the Back of Beyond!(I can't believe I'm actually doing it :oops: ) for the next outing of the League.

Off to look at Copplestone's website for a force now :!: :!:

Mad Baron Barry :twisted:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:32 am

No problem CAARADE, :o

CITIZEN Jack explained the differencies between Red and White Russian Cossacks, and as long as "Kellerman" has horses, "Schnapps's descendants" better lie low :P :P

Have two regiments in this field already, both were destined for "Crimea" but will readily adapt back to intended design purposes.

Now where can I replace a Guillotine with a heavy wagon mounted machine gun ? - will do the same job on ther good Colonel Scnhapps 8)
Kellerman
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:40 am

Kettermanski might want to look at these little beauties and recruit some of them into his army, I know a couple of other comrades have.

http://eurekamin.com.au/news.php?newsid ... AkLWyaHbyR

General Char Li-Chan
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:00 pm

Have wagon, just washing the blood stains off after removing said guillotine, might try and emulate "Barry's" own splendid conversion Toss up between a conversion by little ole me, or Eureka's purpose made item. Looks good though, any comment as to compatibility with Copplestone figures :?:

Was searching for a WW1 Limber to use in conjunction with White Russian Cavalry. Must be blind, missed the Foundry WW1 Limber and my thanks to Paul for his pointers :oops:
Don't see this on the White Ruskie army list, but where would "Kellermanski" be without some gun mobility. and you got to admit, its a lot faster than pack horse :!: :!:

Kellermanski
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kellermanski's White Cossack Division

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:43 pm

Bobski!

couldn't imagine you galloping across the steppes without the 10th French Heavy White Russian Cossack Division supported by the Horse Artillery Tczanka Battery...get to it Trooper!
:shock: 8) :lol:

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:45 pm

And by the way, that Eureka stuff is fantastic, I'll be having some of that! I met the guy that runs the show(Nick.. a Yorkie I believe!!!!) at Historicon.. he had transported his gear across the Pacific to be there! Could probably show us all a thing or two about logistics :oops:

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Eureka

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:41 am

And they have some fantatstic new stuff for India - snake charmers, man on a bed of nails etc. A definite purchase for my Indian Mutiny collection.

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:30 pm

Peter, Colin already has these figures from Eureka we used them in our Indian Mutiny game at Kirrimuir. He will probably be bringing them up to the next game as this type of character is fairly generic to the whole region.

Bob, the Tchanka fits in perfectly with the Copplestone figures. Colin already has to on the go and I believe that a certain Col Schnapski is currently recruiting some for his Bolshies.

Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:34 pm

Sorry guys, I forgot to add this link to my last message
http://www.fighting15s.co.uk/eureka.html
If you want any Eureka figures then I would suggest getting them from Ian Marsh at this company. Really nice guy and deserves all our support, plus it saves the postage from OZ.

Barry, Nic has often turned up at Claymore the last few years along with Duncan McFarlane. He wasn't there this year but he is supposed to be coming up with Ian Marsh next year.

Cheers
Dave
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:22 pm

Thanks for the links, especially UK based Nic.
A mobile machine gun (or two) are on the list with something that packs a little more power :!:

Kellermans sister married a Russian Noble detainee after the surrender of one of Prince Andrei's infantry regiments on Bastille Day 1815. This said "Count Deadovitch" has a decendant active during the Russian Civil War, and I commend "Count Yuri Deadovitch" as a totally reckless, insubordinate, and incompetent commander of cavalry for any force :wink:

Had envisaged a combined RN force with a White Russian Nobleman trying to rescue some poor little lass called "Anastasia" from whichever nasty little person had incarcerated her. If its too far fetched, let me know, and a pure White Russian force will emerge to harass my enemies :!:

Kellerman
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:28 pm

Kellerman, I look forward to meeting this count .

Regards
Col Schnapps ( great,great,great grandson of col 'jaeger' Schnapps, ex Imperial German Army, hero of the western front and current Chief Military Adviser to Warlord General SHI-LOH ) :x
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:01 pm

It's not just Anastasia we will be looking for, rumour has it that the Revolting Reds botched the job on the Royal Family and they managed to flee into Central Asia. Colin already has the whole family and they have appeared in many games in our BoB campaign. I would post a pic but I don't think I can add attachments to these messages.

Cheers
Dave
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:35 pm

Wella wella wella well :!:

Anything but an EIGHT Bob, and the Count assures me that the Cossacks WILL charge. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thinredline
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

The next one

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:33 am

I'm having second thoughts about my forces for the Back of Beyond game. The prospect of raising a strong Cossack force again is tempting especially if I can chase you around the filed again Bob !

That said I've started on my film crew/ British /Indian force. Something about needing to have lancers as part of my command.

Looking forward to it already.

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:17 pm

Dave, and Gentlemen

Eureka (Fighting 15s - Nic), e-mailed order through on Monday night, complete order arrived this morning - 9am Thursday.

Excellent service :D Thank you again fir the pointer/

Tachenka now on the painting table, along with loadsa Swivel Guns for the "Fleet"

Count Yuri Deadovitch